IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 6th: No School
- October 7th: No School
- October 10th: Teacher Workday/Student Holiday
- October 11th: 2nd Quarter Begins
- October 11th: Portrait Retakes
- October 12th: K4 Pumpkins for Pops 8:00-8:30AM (K4 Classrooms)
- October 14th: TK Father’s Breakfast 7:45-8:15AM (TK Classroom)
- October 14th: Kindergarten Donuts with Dads 7:45-8:30AM (Kindergarten Classrooms)
- October 14th: KPrep, TK, Kindergarten Movie Night 6:30-8:30PM (Student Center)
- October 17th-21st: Speech and Language Screenings
- October 26th: 2nd Grade Pumpkin Centers 9:00-10:30AM (2nd Grade Classrooms)
- October 28th: 3rd-5th Grade Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Field Trip
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- October 13th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Miss Rowley’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Faith Hall)
- October 13th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Faith Hall)
- October 20th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Schuessler’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Henry Chapel)
- October 20th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Henry Chapel)
- October 27th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Brown’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Faith Hall)
- October 27th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
Can you believe that we are already at the end of the 1st Quarter? We have had a great Homecoming Week. It is really neat to see everyone with their crazy hair, funny socks, silly glasses, and various hats. Don’t forget the All-School Pep Rally on Thursday. The gates will open at 6:00pm and the festivities will begin at 6:30pm. On Friday, all of the students will be outside in the Lower School loop for the parade beginning at 11:00am. Many of our students will be walking in the parade and it should be a fun time for all. Finally, the Homecoming Football Game kicks off at 7:00pm. The Homecoming Court takes place during halftime. It’s a fun weekend. Join me in praying for our US students as they celebrate Homecoming on Saturday night with their dance at the Student Center. Let’s pray that they have a fun time but also a safe one!
Mrs. Smith’s 2nd Grade Chapel Presentation
We were treated to a great chapel presentation last Thursday by Mrs. Smith’s 2nd Grade class. The students shared the Parable of the Talents and connected this with the importance of using our own talents to honor and glorify God.
Mrs. Lamp’s “Electric” Science Lesson
There was electricity and excitement in the air as Mrs. Lamp’s third graders investigated open and closed circuits with batteries, wires, miniature light bulbs and switches during science!
NEW THIS WEEK
Lower School Social Event- KPrep, TK, & Kindergarten Movie Night!
Okay families, mark your calendars for our 1st Annual Movie Night for students in KPrep, TK and Kindergarten. This event will be Friday, October 14th from 6:30-8:30pm in the Student Center. Younger siblings are welcome! Can’t wait to see you there. Purchase your ticket HERE.
Picture Retake Day-October 11th!
Lower School will have picture retakes on Tuesday, October 11th. Any student who was absent on our picture day in September will take their picture on the 11th. Students who would like to have their pictures retaken should bring back the pictures they received this week and they will have another opportunity to take their school picture on Tuesday. The following are instructions on how to order pictures if your child was absent on our original picture day:
- Visit the Lifetouch website
- Follow the online directions using Portrait/Picture Day ID: PM016025Q2
- Print online receipt or write online payment code on order form
- Send in completed order form or online receipts by 8:00AM on Tuesday, October 11th.
TFA Preschool Scholastic Book Fair
The Preschool will be hosting a Scholastic Book Fair on October 25th-27th. They will be offering a special “5 Day Lower School” purchasing event on Wednesday, October 26th from 3:00-4:00pm. The book levels will range from birth-5th grade. This is a great opportunity to shop for books for 2nd quarter or even Christmas gifts!
October 28th-NEHS Inductee Recognition
Our new 4th, 5th, and 6th grade NEHS inductees will be recognized at the TFA Varsity Football Game on Friday, October 28th. The students will have the opportunity to come out on the field for their recognition. Parents mark your calendars because you will not want to miss this special recognition.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30pm on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.