IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 8th: New Family Reception 5:00-5:45PM (Faith Hall)
- August 8th: All Family Worship 6:00-6:45PM (FBO Worship Center)
- August 8th: Meet The Teacher 7:00-8:30PM (Lower School Classrooms)
- August 9th: TFA Day of Prayer
- August 9th: 5th and 6th Grade New Student Scavenger Hunt 10:00-11:30AM (Gym Lobby)
- August 10th: First Day of School
- August 10th: Boo Hoo Breakfast for New Families 8:00AM (Alumni Commons)
- August 16th: Parent Association (PA) Volunteer Kickoff Breakfast 8:15-10:15AM (Student Center)
- August 16th: Lower School Curriculum Night 6:00PM & 7:00PM (Lower School Classrooms)
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of chapel dates and times for August:
- August 18th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10AM (Faith Hall)
- August 25th: K-5th Grade Chapel 8:30-9:15PM (Faith Hall)
- August 25th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10AM (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
It is pretty hard to believe that we are less than a week away from the start of the 2016-2017 school year. Our Lower School faculty, staff, and administration have been praying for you this summer! We have said good-bye to some families and will be welcoming many new ones for the upcoming school year. The teachers have been working diligently to get their classrooms ready for their students. The building looks beautiful and it will be perfect once if it filled with students.
Class placements and schedules for 6th-grade students will be posted on Ren Web at 12:00PM on Monday, August 8th. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at All Family Worship and Meet The Teacher on Monday evening.
Here are some tips for Monday night:
- All students can bring their school supplies on Monday night and leave them in the classroom. We recommend putting them all in a shopping bag with the student’s name on it.
- Sixth grade students can begin to set up their lockers on Monday night. Practice opening up that lock before Wednesday.
- The Clinic will be open from 7:30-8:30pm on Monday night if any student medication needs to be dropped off.
NEW THIS WEEK
New Dismissal Times
Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, all students in K4-6th grade will dismiss at 3:15PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and at 2:40PM on Wednesday. We will follow the same procedures, but will only have one dismissal time each day. Students in K4-3rd grade will be picked up using the right lane of the car loop and students in 4th-6th grade will be picked up using the left lane of the car loop. As in the past, older siblings will sit with younger siblings. For example, if you have children in K, 2nd, and 5th grade, all children will sit in the Kindergarten section and will be picked up using the right lane of the car loop. Thank you for your patience during the first week of school.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30PM on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
Accelerated Reader (AR)
Accelerated Reader will be turned off from Wednesday, August 3rd through Tuesday, August 9th in order to set up classes for the new school year. Students will be able to resume testing on Wednesday, August 10th.
Boo Hoo Breakfast
One of our annual events on the first day of school is the Boo Hoo Breakfast. Many of you will be crying “boo hoo” while others may be shouting “yahoo!” Either way, join us right after dropoff on Wednesday morning in Alumni Commons for coffee, breakfast, and fellowship with other parents.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.