IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 24: MS/US Chapel – Cramer Family Field House, 9:25am
- August 31: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 4: No School – Student/Teacher Holiday
- September 5: Parent Association Meeting – Faith Hall 301, 8:15am
- September 7: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 12: Student Portrait Day – Gymnasium, throughout the school day
NEW THIS WEEK
Letter from Mr. Sullivan
Dear Middle and Upper School Parents and Students,
It has been a fantastic first 10 days of school. The link below takes you to a newsletter that highlights the very busy first 10 days of school, please take some time to read and reflect on a wonderful start to the school year. In addition to the below newsletter, I also want to share a few very important reminders with you.
Link: First 10 Days NEWSLETTER
Dress Code Reminder and Expectations
The grace period for dress code infractions has ended. Students are expected to be following the TFA dress code and disciplinary action should be expected for any students out of dress code from now on. Please make sure you are familiar with the expectations according to the Parent Student handbook linked below. Dress code issues that can not be corrected at school may result in your child being sent home.
Drug and Alcohol Agreement Forms and Testing Reminder
All Drug and Alcohol Agreement forms, which is attached, must be turned in to Ms. Gooseman (upper school) or Mrs. Faustino (middle school) no later than Friday, September 8. All students in grades 7-12 are required to have a signed agreement on file. Also, all Upper School students will be drug tested by Quest Diagnostics within the next few weeks and then randomly throughout the year. Middle School students will be randomly drug tested throughout the year.
Top 15 Things Every Parent Should Know
Full Parent Student Handbook
First 10 Days NEWSLETTER
We appreciate your continued support and partnership.
Mr. Garry Sullivan
Middle and Upper School Principal
Fall Royal Academy of the Art Offerings
Registration is open for our fall Royal Academy of the Art classes. The Royal Academy of Arts and Enrichment classes are offered after school on a semester basis (generally 10-12 weeks or 8 months) with registration and course fees. Each course will include weekly classes (1 day per week) and will be approximately one hour in length, beginning after the school day ends. A course fee is required for any student enrolled in a class and generally covers all supplies and materials. Classes begin within the first weeks of each semester.
Fall RAEA Offerings
Click here to register.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Mrs. Erika Faustino, Middle School Receptionist. All Middle School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Mrs. Faustino in the Middle School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Mrs. Faustino concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8620 or email her at email@example.com.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I had a balance on my “GetFunds” account from last year? Once your account is created in WT Cafe, First Baptist will transfer your funds balance to your new WT account. First Baptist will NOT cut checks and mail them.
- What if the site won’t let me register because my email is already in their system? We have run into several instances already where parents cannot register at WTCafe.com because their email is already in the system from when they were a past customer. If this happens, please contact WT Café via their online Chat Helpdesk or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My child is in K4 or TK, are they able to purchase lunch as well? K4 and TK students will have the ability to purchase lunch and it will be delivered to the classrooms as has been done in years past. Please follow the same registration and account funding instructions above.
- What if the form asks for a “Teacher Name” when I am trying to register? I don’t know who my child’s teacher is yet. WT Cafe has added an option called “TBD” under TEACHER NAME. Lower School parents should choose this option for now, and then update it later once their teacher assignments are known.
- What if my child has food allergies? If your child has food allergies, you will be able to pre-select their allergy-friendly meal by ordering online at WTCafe.com. Children with pre-orders will not be permitted to add A La Carte items to their meals, and their side items will always consist of one fresh fruit and one fresh veggie (no dips, dressings, or sauces will be provided).
- Who do I contact if I am having problems setting up my account or adding funds? You can contact WT Cafe on WT Cafe’s online Chat Helpdesk or by email at email@example.com. You can also call the Orlando office at 407-618-5555.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.