IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 20: Homecoming Shirt / Spirit Wear
- October 20: Homecoming Parade – Loop Road, 9:30am
- October 20: Homecoming Pep Rally – Field House, 10:00am
- October 20: 30th Anniversary Carnival – US Parking Lot, 5:00pm
- October 20: Homecoming Football Game – PSAC, 7:30pm
- October 26: MS/US Chapel – Faith Hall, 9:25am
- October 26-28: US Musical, The Wizard of Oz – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm – Click here to purchase tickets
- October 31: Picture Retake Day
- November 2: MS/US Chapel – Faith Hall, 9:25am
- November 3: No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
NEW THIS WEEK
Library Reading Incentive Program
The second quarter’s reading incentive program for grades 3-8 is based on the Sunshine State Young Reader’s Award (SSYRA) reading lists: SSYRA parent letter 2017. These books are chosen by the Florida Association of Media in Education and have not yet been pre-approved by the TFA Library staff. Parents, as always, please use your best judgment in helping your child choose books to read. After reading and passing the AR test for a SSYRA book, students will receive a small prize from the “Sunshine Store” during their class library time. This promotion will end January 12th. We hope your student finds a new favorite while they explore new authors and genres during this promotion. Students who read and pass the AR test for 5 or more books will be invited to a celebration lunch with SSYRA author Taryn Souders on Thursday, February 1st.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. DeBoom or Ms. Whitaker in the library.
MS/US Chapel Recap 10/12
By Courtnee, Class of 2018
Last Thursday, the young adults pastor at First Baptist Orlando, Chris Ogden, spoke to us on Philippians 2:5-11. I personally love that he spoke upon a continuation from last week as we continue through Philippians! We helped us work verse by verse backwards through the passage, hitting many points about the character of Jesus. He reminded us that we will all bow before our Heavenly Father one day, but that we should all take heed to make this decision to bow down before Him now before it is too late.
As he went on, he did a fantastic job of giving us the visual in our minds of Jesus on the cross, choosing to take on flesh, becoming like us in order that he might save us. Personally, anytime the cross of Jesus is discussed, I am overwhelmed just with the grace and mercy of our Lord and hope my peers were just as impacted as I was.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Mrs. Erika Faustino, Middle School Receptionist. All Middle School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Mrs. Faustino in the Middle School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Mrs. Faustino concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8620 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.