IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 1: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:27am
- October 2: Alternative lunch – click here to purchase Chick-fil-a
- October 5: Powder Puff Game – PSAC, 6:30pm-8:00pm
- October 8: US Chapel – Optional Worship – Student Center, 9:27am
- October 9: Early Dismissal – 12:15pm; end of 1st quarter
- October 12: No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Professional Development
- October 13: Homecoming Week
- October 14: PSAT Testing, grades 8-11 – MS/US building, 7:50am
- JUNIORS: Class Rings – Student Center, 11:00am
- SENIORS: Cap & Gown Group Picture – Henry Chapel, 8:00am
- Graduation Announcements – Student Center, 9:00am
- Senior Thesis Project – Student Center, 10:00am-12:15pm
- October 15: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:27am
- October 16: Homecoming Football Game – PSAC, 7:00pm; Homecoming Court – PSAC, Halftime
- October 17: Homecoming Dance – Student Center, 7:30pm
- October 21: US Chapel – Special Event: Jim Munroe, MAZE – Worship Center, 9:55am
- October 22-24: US Fall Play, Dearly Departed – MS Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm
- September 25: University of Alabama – US Lobby, after school
- September 29: University of Florida – Gym Lobby, recharge
- September 29: High Point University – US Lobby, after school
- September 30: Florida Atlantic University – US Lobby, before school
- October 6: Lynn University – US Lobby, before school
- October 6: Lenoir-Rhyne University – US Lobby, after school
- October 7: Birmingham-Southern College – Gym Lobby, recharge
- October 8: University of Massachusetts Amherst – US Lobby, before school
- October 8: Samford University – Gym Lobby, recharge
- October 9: University of Connecticut – US Lobby, before school
- October 9: College of Charleston – US Lobby, after school
- October 13: Wofford College – US Lobby, after school
- October 20: Baylor University – US Lobby, after school
- October 29: Florida Southern College – US Lobby, after school
- November 3: Fashion Institute of Technology – Gym Lobby, recharge
Live Mannequin Exhibit
Last week, our AP Studio Art 3D students participated in a Live Mannequin Exhibit, under the direction of Cynthia Collins. The AP class has been creating fabulous 3D Art sculptures this year, including wearable art, which was displayed as live sculpture by other students chosen to model. The event was held during Upper School Royal Recharge in the Gym courtyard. It was an escape into the Art culture dimension, as students, parents, faculty, and staff took a few moments of their busy day to stroll through the live sculpture!
Christian College Fair
The 2015 Christian College fair was a great success with over 120 TFA and non-TFA students and families visiting with representatives from amazing Christian colleges and universities from around the country. Brittany Matheson, TFA Class of 2008, represented Liberty University, sharing her positive experience attending a Christian university for her undergraduate studies. Thank you to all the student and parent volunteers who made this college fair a successful one! This event is held annually in Faith Hall, so watch for next year’s date to be released.
NEW THIS WEEK
Homecoming T-shirt 2015
Homecoming t-shirts may be purchased online at https://tfastore.lightspeedwebstore.com/
Available in sizes Youth Small – Adult 3XL for $15
Order deadline is Friday, September 25!
Harvard, Princeton, UVA, & Yale Information Session in Orlando
Are you interested in applying to these top schools? Plan to attend this information session in October.
Monday, October 19, 2015 at 07:00 PM
Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
7499 Augusta National Dr
Orlando, FL 32822
Admissions representatives from Harvard, Princeton, UVA, and Yale will discuss academic programs, campus life, selective college admissions and financial aid. Dr. Holter, a Yale graduate, will also be present. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Check out this week’s Raw Footage.
Community Service Project
Alternative Lunch – Friday, October 2
The First Academy will be having an alternative lunch on Friday, October 2, 2015. The Upper School Royal House is offering an alternative lunch for students in Grades 5-12 as well as faculty and staff to purchase that day. The Upper School Royal House is offering a Chick-fil-a meal for $5.50 that includes:
1 Chick-fil-a sandwich
Extra Chick-fil-a sandwiches will be available for an additional $3.50.
To order, please visit https://thefirstacademy.org/about/lunch/. Please submit your order by Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 3:00pm.
Once your order has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation page and an email within 15 minutes from Larissa Galloway confirming receipt of payment. You do have the option of ordering for multiple students. Food will be distributed in the Natalie Thomas Gymnasium lobby.
If you do not wish to order Chick-fil-a, please bring a packed lunch from home.
For the safety of our students, we cannot accept handwritten notes to excuse students or allow them to leave class early. For all attendance concerns, please email Ellen Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your help in keeping our students safe.
Middle School/Upper School Carline
Right Lane is for drop off and pick up-Left Lane is for Leaving
All cars MUST pull up to the designated area (on the Student Center side) of the drive thru lane (we will utilize the entire loop). This will enable us to stack many more cars and get them off of the tennis area and JYP/PSAC roadways.
We will only permit drop off and pick up from the right lane. The left lane is for leaving.
The only exception pulling all the way to the designated point would be bad weather days.
Order New Student ID Cards
US students are required to carry their ID card (prox card) at all times. Prox cards are used to enter the building and purchase lunch. Can’t find your card? Click here to order a new prox card.