IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 10-11: Freshmen/Sophomore Overnight Retreat – Student Center, report at 8:30am on Aug. 10
- August 10-11: Junior Retreat – Service Projects/Wekiva Springs (not overnight) – report to US building at 8:30am on Aug. 10 and 8:00am on Aug. 11
- August 10-12: Senior Retreat – Southwind, 18115 SE 95th Street Rd, Ocklawaha, FL 32179
- August 10: Senior Retreat Mandatory Parent Meeting – Field House, 7:30am
- August 10: Senior Retreat Student Breakfast – Natalie Thomas Gymnasium, 8:00am
- August 16: Happy 30th Birthday, TFA!
- August 17: US Assembly – Student Center, 9:25am
- August 17: MS/US Curriculum Night – MS/US Building, 6:00pm
A special thank you to Mr. Harvey, the Comfort Club, and our athletic teams for participating in a prayer walk around campus this past Tuesday.
NEW THIS WEEK
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at email@example.com.
A Note from Mr. Sullivan
Dear Middle and Upper School Parents,
What a wonderful Meet the Teacher and All Family Worship event earlier this week. Thank you for joining us. It was a pleasure to meet new and returning families alike and I look forward to meeting anyone I missed or who wasn’t able to make it last night.
If you were not able to make it last night or didn’t get a chance to sign the two important documents, please see the links below and have your child bring them to school. All 7-12th grade students are required to have a signed drug and alcohol form on file by the end of the week. All parents are also encouraged to sign the Severe Weather Dismissal form to allow for a smooth transition at dismissal in the event of severe weather. You may also sign and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let me know if you have any questions. It’s going to be a great year.
Mr. Garry Sullivan
Middle and Upper School Principal
Drug and Alcohol Policy – MS/US
Severe Weather Dismissal Permission Form – MS/US
For info about the grade level retreats, see below:
9th – 10th Grade Info Flyer
11th Grade Info Flyer
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I had a balance on my “GetFunds” account from last year? Once your account is created in WT Cafe, First Baptist will transfer your funds balance to your new WT account. First Baptist will NOT cut checks and mail them.
- What if the site won’t let me register because my email is already in their system? We have run into several instances already where parents cannot register at WTCafe.com because their email is already in the system from when they were a past customer. If this happens, please contact WT Café via their online Chat Helpdesk or via email at email@example.com.
- My child is in K4 or TK, are they able to purchase lunch as well? K4 and TK students will have the ability to purchase lunch and it will be delivered to the classrooms as has been done in years past. Please follow the same registration and account funding instructions above.
- What if the form asks for a “Teacher Name” when I am trying to register? I don’t know who my child’s teacher is yet. WT Cafe has added an option called “TBD” under TEACHER NAME. Lower School parents should choose this option for now, and then update it later once their teacher assignments are known.
- What if my child has food allergies? If your child has food allergies, you will be able to pre-select their allergy-friendly meal by ordering online at WTCafe.com. Children with pre-orders will not be permitted to add A La Carte items to their meals, and their side items will always consist of one fresh fruit and one fresh veggie (no dips, dressings, or sauces will be provided).
- Who do I contact if I am having problems setting up my account or adding funds? You can contact WT Cafe on WT Cafe’s online Chat Helpdesk or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the Orlando office at 407-618-5555.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.