IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 17: US Assembly – Student Center, 9:25am
- August 17: MS/US Curriculum Night – MS/US Building, 6:00pm
- August 24: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- August 30: Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 10:20am
- August 31: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 4: No School – Student/Teacher Holiday
- September 5: Parent Association Meeting – Faith Hall 301, 8:15am
- September 7: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 12: Student Portrait Day – Gymnasium, throughout the school day
NEW THIS WEEK
Upper School Assembly
Upper School students had their first assembly during chapel time on Thursday. They reviewed important policies and procedures with Mr. Chambers including student supervision, discipline, dress code and more. They also heard from Mr. Barrett, Executive Director for Spiritual Formation & Missions. Mr. Sullivan also introduced our Middle & Upper School focus this year – Respect. The presentation also will be emailed to parents.
MS/US Curriculum Night – August 17
This is a reminder for Middle and Upper School Curriculum Night on Thursday at 6:00pm, we hope you can join us. You will follow your child’s daily class schedule and spend time with each of their teachers. This is an event specifically for parents and is a great way to learn more about your child’s teachers, class expectations, and curriculum. You will have 10 minutes in each class and 5 minutes to transition from one class to the next. For any specific concerns you might want to address with your child’s teacher, please send them an email to schedule a separate appointment.
Please plan to arrive and be seated in your student’s 1st period class by 6:00pm. Parents are encouraged to follow your child’s schedule via the RenWeb app but paper copies of schedules will also be available in the front hallway of the Upper School building for grades 9-12, in the Middle School lower hallway for 7th grade and in the Middle School upper hallway for 8th grade.
Please note that we only offer 1 session of Curriculum Night with Middle and Upper school sessions running concurrently. If you have multiple children across both divisions, you will need to prioritize which classes you will be visiting for each child. Please review the schedule below.
6:00 PM Parents report to 1st period class – Welcome, Pledges, Prayer
6:05-6:15 1st period
6:20-6:30 2nd period
6:35-6:45 3rd period
6:50-7:00 4th period
7:05-7:15 5th period
7:20-7:30 6th period
7:35-7:45 7th period
7:50-8:00 Mentor Group time and dismissal
*There is a 5 minutes transitional time between classes.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday at 6:00pm.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I had a balance on my “GetFunds” account from last year? Once your account is created in WT Cafe, First Baptist will transfer your funds balance to your new WT account. First Baptist will NOT cut checks and mail them.
- What if the site won’t let me register because my email is already in their system? We have run into several instances already where parents cannot register at WTCafe.com because their email is already in the system from when they were a past customer. If this happens, please contact WT Café via their online Chat Helpdesk or via email at email@example.com.
- My child is in K4 or TK, are they able to purchase lunch as well? K4 and TK students will have the ability to purchase lunch and it will be delivered to the classrooms as has been done in years past. Please follow the same registration and account funding instructions above.
- What if the form asks for a “Teacher Name” when I am trying to register? I don’t know who my child’s teacher is yet. WT Cafe has added an option called “TBD” under TEACHER NAME. Lower School parents should choose this option for now, and then update it later once their teacher assignments are known.
- What if my child has food allergies? If your child has food allergies, you will be able to pre-select their allergy-friendly meal by ordering online at WTCafe.com. Children with pre-orders will not be permitted to add A La Carte items to their meals, and their side items will always consist of one fresh fruit and one fresh veggie (no dips, dressings, or sauces will be provided).
- Who do I contact if I am having problems setting up my account or adding funds? You can contact WT Cafe on WT Cafe’s online Chat Helpdesk or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the Orlando office at 407-618-5555.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.