IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 7: Meet the Teacher
- New Families – US Building, 4:30pm
- Returning Families (A-M) – US Building, 5:15pm
- Returning Families (N-Z) – US Building, 7:00pm
- August 7: New Family Dinner – Faith Hall, 5:15pm
- August 7: All Family Worship – Worship Center, 6:00pm
- August 8: TFA Day of Prayer
- August 9: First Day of School
- August 10-11: Freshmen/Sophomore Overnight Retreat – Student Center, report at 8:30am on Aug. 10
- August 10-11: Junior Retreat – Service Projects/Wekiva Springs (not overnight) – report to US building at 8:30am on Aug. 10 and 8:00am on Aug. 11
- August 10-12: Senior Retreat – Southwind, 18115 SE 95th Street Rd, Ocklawaha, FL 32179
- August 10: Senior Retreat Mandatory Parent Meeting – Field House, 7:30am
- August 10: Senior Retreat Student Breakfast – Natalie Thomas Gymnasium, 8:00am
- August 17: US Assembly – Student Center, 9:25am
- August 17: MS/US Curriculum Night – MS/US Building, 6:00pm
NEW THIS WEEK
For info about the grade level retreats, see below:
9th – 10th Grade Info Flyer
11th Grade Info Flyer
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I had a balance on my “GetFunds” account from last year? Once your account is created in WT Cafe, First Baptist will transfer your funds balance to your new WT account. First Baptist will NOT cut checks and mail them.
- What if the site won’t let me register because my email is already in their system? We have run into several instances already where parents cannot register at WTCafe.com because their email is already in the system from when they were a past customer. If this happens, please contact WT Café via their online Chat Helpdesk or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My child is in K4 or TK, are they able to purchase lunch as well? K4 and TK students will have the ability to purchase lunch and it will be delivered to the classrooms as has been done in years past. Please follow the same registration and account funding instructions above.
- What if the form asks for a “Teacher Name” when I am trying to register? I don’t know who my child’s teacher is yet. WT Cafe has added an option called “TBD” under TEACHER NAME. Lower School parents should choose this option for now, and then update it later once their teacher assignments are known.
- What if my child has food allergies? If your child has food allergies, you will be able to pre-select their allergy-friendly meal by ordering online at WTCafe.com. Children with pre-orders will not be permitted to add A La Carte items to their meals, and their side items will always consist of one fresh fruit and one fresh veggie (no dips, dressings, or sauces will be provided).
- Who do I contact if I am having problems setting up my account or adding funds? You can contact WT Cafe on WT Cafe’s online Chat Helpdesk or by email at email@example.com. You can also call the Orlando office at 407-618-5555.
Meet the Royal Sapphires Dance Teams
Congratulations to our LS, MS and US students on the Royal Sapphires Dance Teams!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.