IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- November 3: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- November 4: No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- November 5: Volleyball State Semifinal Game – Natalie Thomas Gymnasium, 2:00pm – tickets are $7
- November 8: 11th Grade Guidance Meeting (all 11th grade students attend) – Black Box Theatre, 9:35am (during House time)
- November 9: MS/US Veterans Day Service – Faith Hall, 10:00am
- November 9: US Alternative Lunch – Click here to purchase Zaxby’s
- November 11: Football Regional Semifinal Game – PSAC, 7:30pm
Cinderella Cast & Crew
Pete Jensen Photography
Congratulations to the cast and crew of Cinderella! The students put on 3 nights of wonderful performances last week in Faith Hall. We are proud of our students and how they use their gifts and talents to glorify God.
Varsity Football – District Champions
The varsity football team won their last regular season game to become district champions! The team finished 8-0 in district play. The regional semifinal game vs. Berkeley Prep (Tampa) is Friday, November 11 at PSAC at 7:30pm.
Varsity Volleyball – Regional Champions
Girls volleyball won the regional game last Saturday. They advanced to the state semifinals, with the game scheduled for this Saturday, November 5 at 2:00pm at home vs. Maclay. Tickets are $7.
Varsity Girls Golf – State Competition
Pictured: Morgan Baxendale (top) and Kelsey Zeng (bottom); pictures by Matt Adams
The Lady Royals golf team competed at the state level last Thursday and Friday at Howie in the Hills. The team finished 2nd in state, with Ariel Yu tying for individual 3rd place and Morgan Baxendale tying for 5th place individual.
NEW THIS WEEK
We’re excited to share that our school now has access to an extensive, video library called RightNow Media. It’s the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV.
Every Upper School student and their families should have received an official invitation email from RightNow Media which includes FREE access to their content. Once you receive the email, simply click the link, sign up for an account, and you’re all set to explore more than 12,000 videos.
We hope that RightNow Media is a blessing to you and your family. Check out the link below for a sample of the content. Thank you for partnering with us!
No Shave November
During November, students can purchase a No Shave November wristband for $15.00 and let their beads grow all month to help support local cancer research. In addition, sponsors may join in on the fun by sponsoring their favorite guy at $10.00 each. This is a great way for everyone to get involved and support male cancer research. Awards will be given for the Best Student Beard and Most Sponsored Beard. The two winning students will be allowed to keep their beards through the end of the semester!
Faculty can participate too. Students can sponsor their favorite teacher for $10.00 each. The faculty member with the most sponsors will be awarded a donut part for him and his sponsors during Royal Recharge.
Wristbands can be purchased from Mrs. Penny (US room 110).
US Shoebox Collection for New Missions
Upper School is aiming for 5 boxes per mentor group.
- Shoeboxes are due by November 14th to Mrs. Malone’s Office
- If you complete a box on your own, you will get ONE service hour
- You must pay for the shipping; details in the flyer and on the website: shoeboxdrive.com
- Boxes completed in mentor groups will count toward 5 house points per box
Alternative Lunch – Wednesday, November 9
- 4-count chicken strips with Zax Sauce – includes bag of chips, water bottle, and cookie
- Additional 4-count strips for $4.50
Veterans Day Service
Please join us for our combined MS/US Veterans Day Service on Wednesday, November 9 at 10:00am in Faith Hall. All parents are invited, and students are encouraged to invite veterans and current members of our military.
Upper School Attendance
All emails regarding attendance can be sent to our receptionist, Lyn Maxime, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your student is arriving late, will be dismissed early or absent from school, please email Lyn at email@example.com.
Upcoming College Visits
Friday, November 11
Friday, December 9