IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- November 2: MS/US Chapel – Faith Hall, 9:25am
- November 3: No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- November 7: Parent Association Meeting – Faith Hall 301, 8:15am
- November 8: MS/US Veterans Day Service – Faith Hall, 10:00am
- November 8: Alternative Lunch – Click here to order
- November 12: Admissions Open House – 2:00-4:00pm – Invite a friend!
- November 13: Senior Lunch – Student Center, 1:05pm – Seniors may wear country western themed attire
- November 14: US Thespian Showcase – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm
- November 16-18: Thespian Districts – Dr. Phillips HS
- November 16: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:25am
- November 20-24: No School – Thanksgiving Break
Servants Heart Club
The Servants Heart Club organized a bake sale to raise money for Puerto Rico.
NEW THIS WEEK
Check out this week’s episode of Raw Footage.
MS/US Chapel Recap 11/2
By Drew, Class of 2018
It couldn’t have been a better chapel to end our three week time in faith hall. Our amazing chapel band complimented this week’s speaker, Dr. Walter Strickland, who was such a blessing to have. Dr. Strickland’s study of theology and ability to communicate aided in his effort to share the message of the gospel through Ephesians 2 resonated with many of the students listening to what he had to say. Thank you Dr. Strickland for coming to share!
As Dr. Strickland moved into his message, he greatly emphasized how we, as believers, should hold a spirit of grace in our conversations to have peace within our circles of community. We are called to have unity, but “Being unified doesn’t mean we think uniformly,” says Strickland. Our relationship with Christ encourages us to gain understanding as we love our neighbor and listen to those who have differences in order to eliminate hostility and promote peace. If these “thorny situations” are handled in this way, we will have a testimony to share with outsiders looking in at the special measure of grace in our relationships.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.