The Mission of the Parent Association is to recruit, train and motivate volunteers who are dedicated to assisting The First Academy in the fulfillment of it’s mission and vision.
The Vision of the Parent Association is three fold:
- To fill all volunteer positions at The First Academy.
- To train our volunteers to serve with excellence.
- To be a viable source of strong community with our school family
Click here to watch a special welcome video from Lauren Sorenson, TFA’s Parent Association President.
Parent Association Executive Board
Click on each name to email your Parent Association representative.
- Lauren Sorensen: President
- Becca Andone: Lower School Vice President
- Michele Fitch: Middle School Vice President
- Kristen Tate: Upper School Vice President
- Lisa Millar: Athletics Liaison
- Fabiana Coutinho: Fine Arts Liaison
- Sarah Donovan: Senior Director of Advancement & Parent Relations
- Jennifer Jackson: Lower School Principal
- Dr. Natalie Holter: Middle School Principal
- Dr. Shayne Grove: Upper School Principal
Parent Association Meetings
All parents are considered members of our Parent Association and welcome to join us for meetings. To accommodate all of our parents, we will host a variety of in-person meetings, virtual meetings, and committee-specific meetings.
Click to view meeting agendas below. Agendas are posted the week before each large group meeting date.
The Parent Association (PA) meetings for the 22-23 school year will be a combination of on-campus, virtual meetings, and committee-specific meetings. There are three on-campus meetings, three virtual quarterly update meetings, and three committee-specific meetings scheduled for the 22-23 school year.
On-Campus meeting time will vary based on the date. The virtual meetings will start at 9:00 am to allow for parent travel time from morning drop-off and will be hosted on Google Meets via the link provided. The Committee Meetings will be for those signed-up to serve on a specific committee. Detailed information for those meetings will be shared by the committee leads.
- Thursday, August 18: TFA Parent Kick-Off Breakfast & Volunteer Fair Hosted by the Parent Association, 8:15 am, Faith Hall
- Tuesday, January 10: Second Semester Kick-Off Meeting & Uniform Swap & Sale
- Uniform Swap & Sale: 7:30 am to 9:30 am, Cramer Family Field House Lobby
Meeting; 8:30 am, Gather Space
- Thursday, March 30: TFA Parent Thank You Breakfast Hosted by The Parent Association, 8:15 am, Faith Hall
Virtual Quarterly Update Meetings
- Tuesday, October 4 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Tuesday, November 29 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Tuesday, March 7 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Friday, September 9
- Friday, November 4
- Friday, February 10
Weekly Prayer Walks will occur every Monday at 8:00 am and will meet outside the Boyd Leadership Center. On Mondays when school is not in session, parents will meet on the first day that school is back in session.
For more information on Weekly Prayer Walks, please contact Prayer Walk Committee Chair Erin Warren.