The Mission of the Parent Association is to recruit, train and motivate volunteers who are dedicated to assisting The First Academy in the fulfillment of it’s mission and vision.
The Vision of the Parent Association is three fold:
- To fill all volunteer positions at The First Academy.
- To train our volunteers to serve with excellence.
- To be a viable source of strong community with our school family
Parent Association Executive Committee
Click here to watch a special welcome video from Lauren Sorenson, TFA’s Parent Association President.
Click on each name to email your Parent Association representative.
- Lauren Sorenson: President
- Becca Andone: Lower School Vice President
- Shaine Capone: Middle School Vice President
- Kristen Tate: Upper School Vice President
- Lisa Millar: Athletics Liaison
- Susie Smith: Fine Arts Liaison
- Sarah Donovan: Assistant Head of School, PK-12 Programs & Parent Relations
- Jennifer Jackson: Lower School Principal
- Dr. Natalie Holter: Middle School Principal
- Dr. Shayne Grove: Upper School Principal
Parent Association Meetings
All parents are considered members of our Parent Association and welcome to join us for meetings. To accommodate all of our parents, we will host a variety of in-person meetings, virtual meetings, and committee-specific meetings.
Click to view meeting agendas below. Agendas are posted the week before each large group meeting date.
The Parent Association (PA) meetings for the 23-24 school year will be a combination of on-campus, virtual meetings, and committee-specific meetings. There are three on-campus meetings, three virtual quarterly update meetings, and three committee-specific meetings scheduled for the 23-24 school year.
On-Campus meeting times will vary based on the date. The virtual meetings will start at 9:00 am to allow parent travel time from morning drop-off and will be hosted on Google Meets via the provided link. The Committee Meetings will be for those signed up to serve on a specific committee. The committee will share detailed information for those meeting leads.
- Thursday, August 17: TFA Parent Kick-Off Breakfast & Volunteer Fair Hosted by the Parent Association, 8:15 am, Faith Hall
- Thursday, March 28: TFA Parent Thank You Breakfast Hosted by The Parent Association, 8:15 am, Faith Hall
Virtual Quarterly Update Meetings
- Tuesday, October 3 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Tuesday, November 28 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Thursday, February 8 at 9:00 am, join online here
- Friday, September 8
- Friday, November 10- Christmas Season Committee Meeting
- Wednesday, January 17
Uniform Swap & Sale
- Thursday, September 7: Uniform Swap & Sale: 7:30 am to 9:30 am, Cramer Family Field House Lobby
- Thursday, January 18: Uniform Swap & Sale: 7:30 am to 9:30 am, Cramer Family Field House Lobby
Teacher Treats are opportunities throughout the school year for our Parent Association to bless our teachers with delicious and nutritious breakfasts, snacks, and treats. Parents sign up to host divisional Teacher Treats using the sign-up links below. Set-up is in the morning prior to the start of the school day. Please see the quick how-to video below for additional information.
2023-2024 Teacher Treat Dates
- September Teacher Treats- Wednesday, September 13
- October Teacher Treats- Wednesday, October 18
- November Teacher Treats- Wednesday, November 15
- January Teacher Treats- Wednesday, January 24
- February Teacher Treats- Wednesday, February 14
- April Teacher Treats- Wednesday, April 10
Teacher Treats Set-Up How-To Video
Have questions about Teacher Treat Set-Ups? Learn more from TFA’s Parent Association President Lauren Sorenson by watching the quick how-to video below.
Weekly Prayer Walks will occur every Monday at 8:00 am and will meet outside the Boyd Leadership Center. On Mondays when school is not in session, parents will meet on the first day that school is back in session.
For more information on Weekly Prayer Walks, please contact Parent Prayer Time Committee Chair Erin Warren.